From The 3geez Wiki
Honda of America
Four basic models were available in North America:
- The entry level DX featured standard items such as cruise-control, rear window defogger and digital clock. Windows, door locks and mirrors are all manually operated, and commonly standard items today such as a sound system and right hand mirror were available but not standard. Hatch and sedan models featured unpainted black bumpers. For 1989 only, the DX coupe was also available in red with a black interior.
- The mid-grade LX was loaded with standard features such as air conditioning, power windows, power locks, power mirrors on both sides, high-power AM/FM cassette, body colored bumpers, and rear seat armrest. Both the DX and LX models featured the A20A1, a 98 bhp carburated engine, though LX models received a larger front anti-sway bar. Earlier engine codes for 1986 labeled the carburated models as BS while the Fuel injected motor was labeled BT.
- The top of the line LX-i add to the features of the LX with a 110 bhp fuel injected engine (A20A3), power moon roof, 14" alloy wheels (sedan only-the hatchback and coupe wore wheelcovers), rear anti-sway bar and full-logic cassette player. In 1988, the LX-i benefitted from 12 more bhp with a redesign of the A20A3 fuel injected engine.
- In 1989 Honda brought back the SE-i trim which included cup holders, leather seats, a Honda-Bose music system, bronze-tinted glass, machined 14" alloy wheels, dual tip muffler and 4-wheel disc brakes. The SE-i was available in both coupe and sedan versions. Only three colors were offered in the sedan and coupe.
Honda of Japan
- 2.0 Si Exclusive - 2.0l DOHC with PGM+FI (Similar to USDM SE-i)
- 2.0 Si - 2.0l DOHC with PGM+FI (Similar to USDM LX-i)
- EXL-S - 1.8l DOHC with Dual Carb (Similar to USDM LX)
- EX-S - 1.8l DOHC with Dual Carb (Similar to USDM LX)
- EXL - 1.8l SOHC with Carb (Similar to USDM LX)
- EX - 1.8l SOHC with Carb (Similar to USDM DX)
- EF - 1.8l SOHC with Carb (Similar to USDM DX)
- EL - 1.8l SOHC with Carb (Similar to USDM DX)
Honda Accord CA
Fixed headlight model. Same basic variations as the Accord, except the first letter was G instead of E (GLX-S, GX-S etc).
Same body as the 3G with slight differences in the grille and trunk garnish. Same basic variations as the Accord, except the first letter was a M instead of a E (MXL-S, MX-S etc).
- 2.0 Si - 2.0l DOHC with PGM+FI
- LXR-S - 1.8l DOHC with Dual Carb
- LX-S - 1.8l DOHC with Dual Carb
- LXR - 1.8l SOHC with Carb
- LX - 1.8l SOHC with Carb
- Super stage
- 1986 F1 Edition